I arrived home yesterday to find out that a new hot water tank had been installed. yipee er, not quite, the repair guy left the bill behind... and now I am a thousand + dollars lighter. *sigh* must we replace everything is this house??
Such is life but we aren't going to dwell on it, instead let's talk finished quilts. I was able to get a few shots outside before the wind arrived.
My original inspiration was all the beautiful bento box quilts out there but I wanted to modify mine since a) I didn't have the pattern and b) I discover this nifty tutorial over at Film in the Fridge. Other than adding my own measurements I made mine pretty much the same way.
The quilt measures 55" x 45", each block is supposed to be 12" (finished) but I always seem to lose a little on the seam allowances and then of course one has to make sure things are squared up...well let's just say I have some things to work on ;)
I went with a green backing and pieced it with strips of fabric from the front to make up the width. I lucked out and found this great polka-dot fabric to use for the binding at my LQS. For a while there I didn't think I was going to find anything suitable and ordering online wasn't an option because of color matching issues.
Taking photos on a sunny day is beautiful but terribly difficult for shadows. You can see tree shadows all over the back, but I kind of liked it. For a different effect I tried shooting into the sun. It gave the quilt that stained glass aura, if only I could cover my windows all year round with stained glass quilt.
Next up for this quilt is a twirl in the washing machine and then it will be mailed off to join it's new owner. I hope she loves it as much as I enjoyed making it. I'll have to keep her identity a secret until she receives it...I love surprises.
I'll be at work for a few days over the next week but am planning a little shop update and also another home education post, so stay tuned. Happy Friday, xxx.